CircuitBot was well into production when I began working at Left Brain Games. I jumped in to support this complex engineering project on multiple levels as Digital Artist and Technologist.
With little direction, I began playing the game. My hope was to introduce visual unity through written reviews engineers could choose to implement if and when given the time. The review includes specific instances in the Beta Release directing engineers to repeatable UI hierarchical conflicts, readability, UX and aesthetics.
CircuitBot was produced by Virigames
Cosmic Cubs was a blast! Our client had published a children's book featuring several characters. I lead in the brainstorming, product name, branding and logo design for the interactive game. Players were to design the interior of their very own rocket.
The project was heavy on UI and visually organized into a topical map of locations within a rocket.
I collaborated with Andy Kiplinger, Principle | LBG, in the production of all the game art. This product was packed with fun activities, stickers, the ability to design, paint and rotate objects.
I came on board in the middle of a 3-year project to develop a complex crowd-source game based on higher level mathematics. I was responsible for creating digital game artwork, developing the logo, and writing story content for the tutorial. Before creating the game badges earned by players for achieving milestones in the game, I began playing the game from a UX perspective. Then engaged an engineer to see if my perceptions were relevant.
We discovered there was room for improvements in the game specifically related to badges that could be implemented directly, without changing the overall game design, or impacting the budget, which made playing the game much more meaningful to the player.
Understanding how to play this game gave me the advantage of strategically creating in-game screenshots for use in the How To Play The Game infographic (below).
As Digital Artist and Creative Technologist, I collaborated with a couple Engineers to develop this mobil app featuring three Interactive Games titled Mattel Fun with Barbie, Monster High and After High. The app was strategically designed to share global components including User Interface and splash screens. Our team was under pressure with a substantial unknown. Resolving the unknown began with me. I was assigned to receive, organize, verify, evaluate, propose and troubleshoot a huge deliverable of Mattel licensed character art assets. Once I accomplished this work, I was able to meet with the engineers and we came up with a plan and confidently went about implementing it to deliver the product we pitched! Late in the game, I was given the responsibility to retrofit the UI for the coloring book. Also, picked up some engineering tips on batch processing the thousands of fillable vector shapes for integration into Unity for the color book. I also tested the game on multiple devices including each fill for three coloring books in time for launch.
PBS Dinosaur Train Air Show was in Beta when I started with Left Brain Games. I began testing it on multiple devices, entered bugs, updated art assets, tracked assets into deliverables and captured in game screen shots to meet our online marketing needs - including this graphic which was utilized on the company website I designed and created while teaching myself WordPress.
The Director of Marketing was hired and our first project was to rebrand the corporate logo which had started with a vendor a year earlier. I located a few digital files on the server, interviewed the team, designed and presented iterations and built consensus with senior staff. This resulted in the approved logo (displayed above) at which time, I was assigned the collateral components to design and build for print, web, and social.
Then we received a deadline to launch a new corporate website within two months. The strategic marketing initiative was to reframe Left Brain Games as Left Brain Interactive. We would utilize our existing client base and interactive products to increase visibility in new markets and generate new business. I taught myself WordPress, began wire-framing, and set-up google docs to write marketing and product content and track approvals. In addition to UI and in-game screenshots. I wrote company bios, and photographed the team. It was rewarding to see it all come together, especially the social media feeds!
In addition to direct marketing pieces, I designed the gum package above for the Toy Fair.